Serves 1 as a hearty brunch or lunch
- 15g unsalted butter
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 100g cooked, new potatoes (e.g. Charlotte), diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 40g soft goat or sheep cheese (or 2 tbsp crème fraîche)
- 1 smoked trout fillet, about 60g broken into flakes (or use hot smoked salmon instead)
- 25g watercress, washed and roughly chopped
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan or cast iron skillet. Gently fry the spring onions until softened (about 2 minutes). Add the potatoes and continue to cook for a minute or two, stirring frequently.
- Combine the eggs with the soft cheese or crème fraîche. Add the trout flakes and chopped watercress then season with a little salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the pan and stir until all the ingredients are combined and you can see the frittata beginning to set. Reduce the heat and cook until you see bubbles forming on the surface. Transfer to a preheated grill to finish cooking the top of the frittata. Delicious eaten hot or cold.